Banns for Weddings


Arranging Banns for your Wedding

Thank you for your enquiry about wedding banns, and congratulations on your upcoming wedding!  This is what you need to do.

Check you are definitely in St Martin’s Parish – the parish boundaries are not as obvious as you might think: some of West Drayton comes under St Matthew’s Yiewsley! (

Come and see me during the pop in office hour, most Tuesdays 5.30-6.30pm (or if that’s impossible, contact me to arrange another time), St Martin’s church office, next to the hall at the back of the church.

You will need to bring your UK passport (or birth certificate and other documents to prove your identity).

There is a simple banns form to fill in – a shorter version of the information you have given to the church where you will be married.

You will need to bring the fee, £44, either cash or a cheque made out to St Martin’s PCC.

Banns will be read out at St Martin’s three Sundays running during the 10am service.  You are most welcome to come and hear them read, and to bring friends or family with you.  It’s a lovely thing to do together!

You will then need to collect the Banns certificate (as above office hour or arrange another time), and give this to the priest who is marrying you. S/he cannot marry you without it!

Banns last for 3 months, so work backwards from your wedding.  It’s a good idea to make sure they’re all done a month before hand.

I hope this information is helpful, and I look forward to seeing you.

Revd Rosy Barrie,

Leave a New Comment